Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Adoption Update





I thought I would blog a little a fill you in on where we are in the adoption process.  I think the word "adoption" is also interchangeable with the word "SLOW".  It is so hard because a lot of days I forget we are even adopting because news is so sparse.  We did finish our homestudy, which took us longer than we would have liked...again a reoccurring theme here!  We waited for almost 10 weeks on ONE document before we could turn in our paperwork.  The document finally arrived after much harassing from someone, namely, ME, and we got our paperwork (basically our life on file) off to Immigration.
We will wait about 2 months in Immigration.  During this time, we will get biometric fingerprinted and get documents together for our Dossier.  A Dossier consists of our HomeStudy, Immigration approval, and other pertinent information and is sent straight to China.  From there, we get approved from the China government to adopt and begin receiving referrals.  Exhausted yet?
The timeline looks somewhat like this. 
Immigration approval by Feb
Dossier Approval by April
Referral by May
Travel late Summer
All of the above is assuming everything goes smoothly, which we are praying for daily.
So, we think will tell the kids Christmas Day.  We feel like it might be time to break the news to them.  We know they will be nothing but excited, and I am so anxious to let the kids in on what Matt and I talk about all the time!
For Christmas, Kate wants twin baby dolls, so take a look at what I found for her
Of course, these dolls did not come as twins, but I thought this would be perfect to show our family that just because we don't look alike, doesn't mean we are not a family!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the twins! I think it's wonderful that you are planning to adopt. I can't wait to hear about the kids' reactions! I'll be praying for the adoption to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete