If you live in Birmingham, here are 2 really fun "Christmas" things to do.
1. Bass Pro Shop. I took the kids here, kinda a last minute "I'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE" thing and it was so much more fun than I had anticipated. The kids had a blast and even got to see Santa and get a picture. Unfortunately, I didn't know Santa would be there so all my children were dressed in coordinated outfits....their play clothes!
2. McWane Center. Right now they have an exhibit on the 3rd floor called Winter Wonderland and they have fake snow, sock skating, trains galore, ice fishing, and the coolest of all....an Ice Slide. You have got to try it too. It was actually really fun!
HOT TIP #1! Bring your camera. I have been on 2 outings (see above) that I have forgotten it and it would have been great to get pictures of all the fun we had.
HOT TIP #2! Go during the week. There was hardly anyone at both places and it made it all the more fun!
HOT TIP #3! Low expectations. I am not saying YOU are going to have fun, but I think your kids will and apparently at this stage in our lives, that's all that matters!
I really wish I could post some great pictures of our adventures, but.........
No comments:
Post a Comment