Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cough in your elbow please....

I have heard myself say that at least 50 times over the last week. We began our weekend off to a sick start. Owen began his hacking cough last week, and as the week continued, it got worse. By Saturday, Kate and Gray began to have the same chesty cough and nighttime sleep became pretty non-existent for Gray and I on Saturday night! So, Sunday morning, going on little sleep, we ALL got in the car and were the first to arrive at American Family Care. To make a long story short, all 4 kids have bronchitis and Owen also has an ear infection. I am thankful that we went, but realize that for cost of living purposes...4 kids is just about all we can handle right now! Grateful for insurance, but am still feeling the punch of 4 co- pays and the enormously large drug bill! I had to make a dose/drug chart to make sure that I don't OD anyone~
Please take a look at this ridiculous display of medicine! A breathing machine, inhaler, 4 antibiotics, a steroid, cough medicine and eczema lotion. I am trying to look on the positive side; thankful that we all got the same thing at the same time, instead of dragging it out over the course of 4 weeks.
This brings me to our outing today---if you visited Bass Pro Shop today, please use your hand sanitizer....we just can't stay inside all day long--really, we'd go crazy! The kids were high on their cough medicine, so the excitement was through the roof, but at least the germs were not being spread through their cough (and if they did cough, you know what I said--see above title)! BTW--Bass Pro Shop is truly an awesome place to visit. My boys were in heaven. Kate went to the ballet with Nana, so it was just the boys being boys at the coolest store on earth. Here we have Wills and Owen getting some sugar from the bear.
We'll call this
SCARY

SCARIER
SCARIEST!

1 comment:

  1. oh friend....im so sorry ALL the kids have bronchitus??? I cant imagine how you're caring for everyone at once. you are amazing. Lots of mediciine on the cabinet...lots to keep up with. I love that you made a chart. .....stay well yourself wonderful mama. Love you friend

    ReplyDelete