Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Monday, November 9, 2009

A Quiet Morning!

I am spending the morning at home with a sick child. Wills came down with a fever yesterday, and after good night's sleep, he still was running one this morning, so he got to stay home from school today. I gave him a dose of Mortin this morning, which basically masks the fever and makes him feel fine for about 3 hours, which in turn means running around the house playing with Owen, until he finally crashes and burns...which came right about the time I needed to take Owen and Kate to school. After carpool, we stopped by Publix to pick up some Vitamin C and immunity blend packets, headed to Panera to get some soup for lunch, and then back home to lay on the couch and watch TV all day!
I am actually enjoying this day. I had to put on hold all my other "errands" and I am able to just be at home and baby my 6 year old. He doesn't let me do it too often.

On another note, I happen to be reading the book of Jeremiah, and came upon a familiar verse in the very first chapter....
Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
I have always loved the above verse; that God knew me, my husband, my children, YOU, before we were ever even conceived. He knew that we would be on this earth, in this city, at this very time. He set us apart to do great things for His kingdom before we were ever even born! Oh how I want to know Him more and experience the fullness of life that He promises to us if we seek Him with our whole heart. I do not want any hindrances to keep me from experiencing His great Power and what He can accomplish on this earth by using plain ole Me!
I want this for my family, for my children, for my children's children! Generations to come!

Another favorite and popular verse found in Jeremiah 29 that really goes along perfect with this verse, is
(v11) For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

How GREAT is our God that not only did he know me before I was born and formed me in my mother's womb, but He also has a plan for my life! A perfect plan from a perfect father! It is hard to grasp that He cares so much for each of us that He has a perfect plan for all who know Him.
My prayer is that I throw off everything that hinders me and sin that so easily entangles, and that I run with perseverance the race marked out for me! (Heb 12:1b)

Isn't it awesome that God's word is powerful, is alive and is TRUTH!!!!
The word of God, even though written so long ago, is still applicable to my life. Think of how much the world has changed in thousands and thousands of years; the people, the technology, etc... but yet the word of God still holds the Truth and can teach us so much about living in today's world! I am so thankful to God that He has given us this tool to guide us, to help us, to use as a tool to know him more.
Psalms 119
(v97-98) Oh how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me.
(v 105) Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
(v130) The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple (that's me!)
(v133) Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.
(v160) All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment