


Proverbs 31 Her Children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Many woman do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate!
My sweet mom just left my house today. She spent a few nights with me while Matt was out of town, and now I have to do a little braggin on my mama! So here is a shout out to my mom and how blessed I am that God made you mine!The only way I think I could ever truly appreciate all you did for our family (I mean you had FIVE girls), is by becoming a mother myself. And now I have the understanding of what a mother's love really is because I know how much love I have for my own family. I think I can now understand, in small ways and appreciate in big ways, what an amazing mom you were when I was young, and that you still are today. First off, I know you are a woman of prayer, and I am forever grateful that you have daily lifted me up in prayer. I am not sure how you did it when we were younger? I know you and Daddy lived in different places without family to help. In fact, I am in awe of how you came to be such an amazing mom, when you yourself, did not have your mother here on earth when you were young. It breaks my heart to think how difficult it was when you were little, but also how hard it must have been when you became a mom yourself. In short, I am not sure how I could get through these crazy, but precious, baby and toddler years without your help and guidance.
I have only wonderful memories of when I was little. Lots of laughter, chaos (in a fun way), fun trips and a mom and dad who loved me unconditionally. I never remember you "losing it" or stressing about all the things that "life" throws at you, and Lord knows you had a lot on your plate. I never remembering you complaining of washing and folding 5 girls clothes or fussing at us for using 2 new towels every time we showered. (2 X 5 = 10 towels a day to wash) You never tired of picking up after us and never made me feel like I couldn't be myself. You have always supported me and been my biggest cheerleader (and I had quite a few games to watch over the years)! You never tried to be too involved in my life when I was growing up...in a good way! You always gave me space, respected me, and were trustworthy. In turn, I can tell you anything and actually WANT to tell you everything.
I look at the love I have for my family, and can only now, truly appreciate the love of a mother...your love for me! You have shown each one of us your love in different ways because we are each our own unique person, but never one more than the other. My prayer is that I can do the same for my family, and that generations to come will be influenced by the love you have showered on me and the woman and mom you have helped me to become. I love you, Mom and thank you, from the bottom of my heart!
What a sweet post Mallory!! Your mom sure is one special lady!!!
ReplyDelete