Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Invisible Mom

I often take it for granted that I have the privilege to be a stay at home mom full time to my children. There are those crazy, hectic mornings that I say good bye to Matt and part of me wishes I could walk out the door and go to work too. This longing usually doesn't last very long, because before I can further think about it, I have 4 precious children who all need me at the same time. I received an email recently about the invisible mom and it really touched me. There was so much truth to the poem. I wonder if anyone realizes how the laundry magically gets done, the dishes put away, the meals cooked, the house cleaned....I could go on, but you get the picture! The other day before church, I was upstairs picking up some toys and getting things together before I needed to go get dressed myself and Wills, my oldest said, "Mommy will you come play with me?" Before I blurted out "No, I was too busy", I thought my child WANTS to play with me. He longs to spend time with me. How much longer will I get this chance? Well, I sat down and played with him for only 20 minutes, but you should have seen how happy he was to be playing with ME! I must admit, I can play some pirates, bad guys, knights, etc...I actually have quite the imagination when it comes to this stuff and they love it. Soon to join in was Owen and Kate and we had a blast. I didn't get a shower before church. I didn't have time to put on make up much less do anything with my hair, but I don't think my kids will remember that. What I know they will remember is....Mommy played with us. She spent time with us. I may not get to do it as often as they would like--because that would be all day, but I can make more of an effort to sit down on a daily basis and be a kid too!

And the child grew and became strong in spirit. Luke 1:80

Link to The Invisible Mom http://strollerstrides.com/blog/?p=444

No comments:

Post a Comment