Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Big Boy Trip


We are at the beach and having a great time! In the past, Matt and I have taken a trip every May to Destin all by ourselves. It is always a much needed break from the kids and time for matt and I to hang out. Usually I am pregnant each trip, but happy to say...not this year!
We decided to take the big boys. Big meaning 4 and 5. Big meaning, they go potty on their own, dress themselves, brush their own teeth, and can feed themselves!
My mom (who is a saint) is keeping the younger 2.
We are having a blast. We told the boys that mommy and daddy like to sleep past 6 on vacation, so do not wake us up and it actually has worked. They woke up this morning, turned on some PBS, ate some breakfast and played with the new prize I left out on the kitchen table (pirate figures). I rolled out of bed around 8:30!!!! So nice.
We spent the day on the beach reading, resting, swimming, looking for shells. We all slept this afternoon. W slept for 3 HOURS. O, not so much, but that is O for ya! My energizer bunny!
We ate out, drove race cars, spent 2 hours at Wal-mart buying fishing poles for tomorrow. Got the boys to bed around 9:30 and now enjoying the quiet. I am loving spending time with just the boys. Having 4 kids so close means that my mind is usually pre-occupied, trying to meet everyone's needs. It has been so fun to really focus on the boys and play with them without them having to share mom and dad with the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment