Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Living Simply

I have long known that there would be, and truly is, a big difference between raising boys and girls. Now, don't get me wrong, I am sure there are some girls out there that could hold their own with boys (namely, me when I was younger), but today my 2nd boy, Owen really took home the gold! I am not saying one is easier to raise than the other, but let's just say, this will go down in the books.
I am outside with the kids when I notice Owen is not out with us anymore. I go in and check to see where he is. "I'm in the bathroom, Mom". Great...I head back outside. About 10 minutes pass and Owen has still not come outside. I head back inside and he is still in the bathroom. I ask if he needs any help and he opens the door holding the beautiful, organic hand towel I had just purchased (for way too much money) in his hand. "Mom, it has poo poo on it," He says. Of course I ask "Well, why would it have poo poo on it" and he points to the empty roll of toilet paper staring back at us and proceeds to tell me that we are out of toilet paper. I open up the drawer under the sink and bring out one of the five new rolls and "lovingly" suggest he look here next time we are out of TP. I carry my soiled hand towel to the laundry room and it is now on it's 2nd round of washing. The ironic thing is that on my hand towel, under the dainty flower stitching is the phrase Live Simply . Ha! I think that was accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. Mallory~ I love it and you are right after our conversation I did find humor in it! Owen~ I love you!!!! Love, Aun Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am laughing heartily right now. Its just what my heart needed today..THIS STORY. Oh Mallory! God is gonna use that kid for great things i think....its gonna be an interesting road for mama the whole way along. Im not gonna use that hand towel when i visit you though...just in case. Ha ha....
    I love you too friend

    ReplyDelete