
Last night I meet some of my dearest friends for dinner and I am reminded, as I always am when I am with them, how thankful I am for these awesome women who are always there to pray for each other, support one another and lift each other up. I am so blessed that the Lord brought them into my life and that they inspire me in my walk with the Lord. On top of that, they are just plain fun too.
Now to my shoe story...after dinner I went to Target to look around. I have been trying to stay as far away as possible from Target because I cannot seem to escape there without spending over $80! I had one hour until the store closed! Perfect, not too much time to linger and throw random things I don't need in my cart. I was doing great. I had some lunch meat, bananas, a skirt for Kate, a tank top for me, and a new door mat. And then I hit the shoes. Now, I am not a shoe person. I pretty much live in flip flops and running shoes. I would much rather buy an outfit than a pair of shoes any day, but because of this, I tend to never have anything "cute" to go with my outfits. Well, let me tell you, Target has some great shoes. I picked up 3 pairs last night. Probably more dress shoes than I have bought over the past 5 years. I am so proud of my purchases and brought them home to show Matt. He wasn't as thrilled as me until I pointed out that his work shoes that we bought last month were $195. I realize he will wear these shoes everyday for the next 4 years, but still...come on. I got 3 pairs for $70! And yes, I went over my usual $80 budget at Target.
Now to my shoe story...after dinner I went to Target to look around. I have been trying to stay as far away as possible from Target because I cannot seem to escape there without spending over $80! I had one hour until the store closed! Perfect, not too much time to linger and throw random things I don't need in my cart. I was doing great. I had some lunch meat, bananas, a skirt for Kate, a tank top for me, and a new door mat. And then I hit the shoes. Now, I am not a shoe person. I pretty much live in flip flops and running shoes. I would much rather buy an outfit than a pair of shoes any day, but because of this, I tend to never have anything "cute" to go with my outfits. Well, let me tell you, Target has some great shoes. I picked up 3 pairs last night. Probably more dress shoes than I have bought over the past 5 years. I am so proud of my purchases and brought them home to show Matt. He wasn't as thrilled as me until I pointed out that his work shoes that we bought last month were $195. I realize he will wear these shoes everyday for the next 4 years, but still...come on. I got 3 pairs for $70! And yes, I went over my usual $80 budget at Target.
oh yeah....a carrington blog...cant wait to catch up with your every days this way. Love your new shoes..and love that you have wonderful community around you...wish we lived closer....
ReplyDeletep.s. im banned from Target till further notice b/c that place has too much good stuff to buy
that last comment was Mandy Mann..but cant figure out how to respond with my blog...thesueprmanns.blogspot.com.....so i put anonymous....
ReplyDeletewhoops...i meant thesupermanns.blogspot.com.
ReplyDelete