An account of my life as a stay at home mom to my five kiddos--makes for a loud, crazy and chaotic house...but I couldn't imagine it any other way! My husband thought we would have 2 kids....the Lord gave us 5! 4 biological and 1 blessing across the world! As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Jos.24:15b
Carrington Crew
Friday, March 20, 2009
Spring Break and random acts of kindness
We are in beautiful Destin, Flordia for Spring break and the weather is amazing. Clear sunny skies, 76 degrees with a slight breeze....perfect beach weather. I drove down here with the kids on Tuesday morning and had 3 days with all 4 kids all by myself. Everyone did great. I have learned that when you are by yourself and you have young kids, people tend to feel sorry for you, so you get lots of help from random people. For example, on Wednesday, we ventured out to the beach around 9:00 a.m. yes, we were the first ones on the beach. I do not take a lot down with us because I have learned that we don't stay down long enough to haul it all down and to be honest, pulling a wagon with a baby , holding a 2 year olds hand and carrying a bag stuffed with beach supplies, there is not too much room or enough hands to bring any "fluff" Back to the story...On the beach with the kids and G is crying, O has sand in his eyes (ALOT of sand, thanks to Kate) and is screaming, W is crying because he lost one of his pirate pieces in the sand and K is looking for shells. A lady comes over to help me hold G while another lady helps me flush out O's eye with water from HER water bottle. After we calmed down O, which took about 30 minutes, no lie, another sweet lady comes over to tell me she called her 13 year old daughter to come down to the beach to help me with my kids! How wonderful...I accept, and this sweet little girl helps me by playing with K and O on the beach and then going up with me to the pool. I also received lots of help from other random people that wanted to help me pack up my things, carry my beach supplies for me and hold G so I can get all the kids situated. Over the 3 days that was here by myself, I made more "friends" and received so much help, it was great. Matt drove down Thursday night and we spent today on the beach. We are so glad he is here to spend the weekend with us and I am sure we will have plenty more adventures for me to blog about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment