Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Divide and Conquer, Avery's STATS and a 7 year old!

 We celebrated Owen's 7th Birthday this weekend. We had a "friend" party for him on Friday, which turned out so great. The weather was perfect for playing outside. He had 6 little friends over and we played good old fashion games....spoon and egg race, three legged race, and water balloon toss. I spent a long time filling about 100 water balloons for the party and they were gone is about 10 minutes.
I think he enjoyed the day and I am glad the party is over.
Happy Birthday to Owen






 He spent his actual birthday (saturday) at the Auburn game with Dad and Wills.
Divide and Conquer....Matt got the easy two today!
 Thank you God for my spirited child.  He makes things fun and challenging.  
  We cannot wait to see the plans YOU have for his life.
 Love this picture...My dad (POP) with Kate!
So, Avery's appointment went well this past week.  She did me proud and threw a few fits, so the Pediatrician was able to see her in true form and give me positive feedback as far as how I am handling it.  I never felt guilty about putting my bio kids in time-out for fits or not holding them when they are screaming (fit throwing), but something about doing it with Avery breaks my heart...I mean, she spent a year of her life without a mommy!  But, Dr. Darby made me feel much better and we both agreed that setting boundries and expectations early on is the best thing.  She also needs to learn that I will not pay attention to her when she is having a "fit".  It is not easy to ignore, but I will say it works.  She throws her tantrum.  Gets it out of her system and we move on!

For those who have been through all 4 of my big chunky bio babies....here are her stats...
95% height....hello...she is Chinese--crazy!
75% weight...yep....she is mine for sure!
50% head...I found this hard to believe, but the Doctor re-checked it for me and assured me her head size is average!
Let's just say, she will probably NOT be our gymnast or ballerina after all!
 Meme and Avery

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday O. I should not have seen that last pic of Avery..She is so stinkin' cute. Makes me want a little girl...

    ReplyDelete