Because packing a suitcase and going out of town sounds like an absolute nightmare to someone who just spent 2 weeks living out of a suitcase...we decided to stick around and have a low key weekend here in Birmingham. We spent Friday watching a movie together, Saturday watching Auburn football, and Sunday hanging with Nana and Grandad. It has been a fun family weekend and it is nice to have Matt around to help over the long weekend. I am not jet lagged anymore, but it is amazing how physically exhausted and drained I am at the end of the day. I guess it probably has to do with not getting a night's sleep without interruption.
I must say I have the best friends who have brought dinner and goodies over the past few weeks. I really haven't had to even think about dinner because so many wonderful people are taking care of us. It has been a huge help. In fact, Owen asked me the other day who was bringing us dinner tonight! I hope he realizes that soon Mama will be back in the kitchen.
On another note, life this past week went so much better. I feel that each day we are taking big steps in adjusting to life with a, now 17 month old. She is a busy little girl with a lot of spunk and she is not afraid to show it!
I started back to teaching at the gym this past week, and it was so good to be back. I really missed the people and energy. I am easing back into it because I have to put Avery in the childcare, but I am excited to be back to somewhat of normal life. I teach 3 classes this week and 4 classes the next
This upcoming week I also take Avery to the Pediatrician and the Orthopedist. I am very anxious to get to both appointments, especially the Orthopedic Doctor. Most of you know that Avery is considered "Special needs", although this term hardly seems applicable at all. We know she is Special to us and God, and we know she had a need....a family to love her. We feel like now that we have her home and with her forever family, we can tackle how to help her start walking. She is a determined little girl and I know that whatever life throws at her, she will stay strong. I am hopeful, of course, that it is something that will not require surgery, but we are just not sure. Please keep her and us in your prayers as we begin the journey to help Avery walk....(she is quite a load to carry and quite a wiggle worm too).
On yet another note, Avery is not so sure about her newest brother...Superman/Obi wan
No comments:
Post a Comment