Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Monday, August 15, 2011

playtime

Today the group had to go to the  clinic to get their kids TB test checked.  Avery did not need a TB test because she is under 2, so Matt and I decided to just hang around the hotel today.  We took Avery to the pool and she is such a little water baby. 
We also spent some time in the "playroom" here at the hotel.  It is basically a tiny room that they have put toys in for kids staying at the hotel.  It is nothing great to us, but Avery thinks it is so fun!  I cannot wait to see her reaction when she gets home and sees all the "stuff" we have accumulated over the years.  I have been pretty good about cleaning out every so often, but it stuff seems to just pile up!
We went to the market today to get a few items for our room...bananas, snacks, etc...the market is quite an adventure.  It is very crowded and there is pretty much ZERO customer service...it is so different that Publix...a little more like Wal-mart, I suppose :)  Not knocking the Wal-mart, as most of our paycheck seems to go there.
We have skyped with our older 3 every morning.  It has been so fun.  I think they really look forward to it before they go to bed.  I am ready to get my hands on all 4 of them though!  Gray is hanging in Atlanta and doing good.  I sure miss seeing him!
I am counting down the days until I get home.  I am just a homebody.  I can handle a week away, but much more (especially without the kids) is too much for me.  You think that time away would be so nice and so relaxing, yada yada yada, and it was doable the first week.  Life just seems so different here.  I think we realize how wonderful it is to live in America and have all the comforts of what we know.  As I get older I seem to get more set in my ways.  I am trying to stay positive, knowing that these 2 weeks are just a blip on the radar, but the "blip" seems to be dragging on right now.  I can make it, I know I can.  I have to, right? 
I have my hands on a precious little girl who I have waited for so long to see.  She is the bright spot of this trip.  My focus is all on her and she is loving it.  Tomorrow we take her to the zoo.  I hope we get to see the pandas, but I think it may be too hot.  We are actually looking forward to seeing her reaction at the zoo...she loves the animal book I brought for her. 
Good night from China and 4 days to go....







1 comment:

  1. Mallory, Wow! I love your blog. Your family of 5 is BEAUTIFUL and such a picture of God's love and joy. I knew you were heading to China to get Avery. Soooo happy she is HOME and y'all are settling in. We adopted our oldest son, so we know the great joys of adoption and how it points to our adoption into God's family. I'd love to hear sometime about your adoption journey and ask you some questions about the financial end of international adoption (ours was domestic). Congratulations!
    Bradford

    ReplyDelete