Oh, the memories of the rink, thick with B.O, beautiful multi-colored strobe lighting, nasty leather roller skates (which I am pretty sure where the actual ones I used), and last but not least the coolest hip hop music imaginable. They actually played "whoop there it is"....what a memory! I will admit...I didn't miss too many skate nights--except it is was "playing with the queen of hearts" and the Hokey Pokey when I ruled the rink!
Now, it is Lady Gaga and the Cha Cha! I won't lie--I like it..."just sayin"!
My boys, being COMPLETELY opposite in personality approached skating much like most things in life:
Wills- cautious. did not want to mess up. did not want to fall. slow to warm up. determined to get it perfect.
Owen- uninhibited. full force. not afraid to mess up. not afraid to fail. determined to do it and do it fast.
Owen decided he would try the Kindergarten Race. I must admit, I can totally see him being a skate night regular. He had me agreeing to buy him in line skates and lessons by the end of the night....He LOVED it!Here he is at the start line!
I love that my boys are so different. I love the qualities that they each bring to our family. It is so fun to watch your kids try new things and have so much fun doing it. We will definitely be back for skate night....we are hooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment