Today I mailed a care package for Avery. It was bittersweet to mail her a few things, but what I really want to do is just hop on a plane (you know for a quick 20 hours) and go get her. I so wish we did not have to go through a whole round of more paperwork, but that is what lies ahead.
Keeping my focus on my kids and letting God take care of her is the only thing I can do for now!
I knew that I needed to keep my care package on the small side, as the shipping would be a lot, and it was hard to do. There was so much I wanted to send, but honestly I cannot even be sure she will receive it.
I pray, I hope she does.
In the package we included the following items:
A bunny silky blankie (each of the kids had taken turns sleeping with it one night)
A small, really soft and cute bunny stuffed animal (it is the year of the rabbit, after all).
A letter to the Director and Nannies thanking them for taking care of Avery and also a few instructions about the care package.
A disposable camera, which I am hopeful will be used to take pictures of Avery in her last months at the orphanage.
Candy for the Nannies
Stickers for the other kids
And 6 laminated photos of our family, which I hope she really likes to look at :)
I was so excited to go to the post office and send it off. I felt like I was sending her a piece of our family.
The Mail lady thought I was an idiot because I kept asking, "Are you sure this will get there?"
In the next few weeks, we are praying for an update on our baby girl...pictures or anything they will give us to help us get through the next months!
No comments:
Post a Comment