Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Saturday, March 26, 2011

One Less!

I am up!  It is 12:00 and I am surviving on pure adrenaline!  God is good!  God hears our requests.  He is faithful!  He is so good, so good to us!
Let me fill you in on our crazy, but amazing weekend!
For those who don't know, I am getting my group exercise certificate and Spinning certificate, so that I can teach and here is the great part....get PAID to exercise!  Anyway, my class is all weekend....Friday, Saturday and Sunday!   I have learned that God has a way with timing and He also has a sense of humor because this was the worst possible weekend to throw some crazy stuff my way. 
I got home from class on Friday at 9:00 pm and being the horrible ADD student that I am, had the biggest headache from sitting and learning all day.  I was in bed at 9:30.  I heard my phone ring, but was too tired to get it and thought " it can wait".  Little did I know, it was my social worker leaving me a message that she had a child (a file) she wanted us to look at. 
I awoke (6:30 a.m.) by my sweet kids and proceeded to my phone to listen to my messages.  My jaw dropped.  This was UNEXPECTED.  I didn't even know we were "logged in" the system yet.  The list had already come out and I thought we missed our chance this month to get a referral.
So, Could I really call my SW at 6:40 in the morning.  I decided to wait until 8:15 and then gave her a call that "Yes, we want to see the file".  She sent it by email and I let it sit in my email box for a few hours.  I could not open it.  We had Soccer games at 9:00 anyway, so we headed out knowing full well what waited for us when we got home.
Soccer Over.  Sped Home.  Opened an 18 page document  (most in Mandarin), and received extensive medical reports along with 3 pictures of a beautiful little girl.
We immediately got on the phone to talk with Doctors who could help us look at and understand her medicals. 
I had to head to my class from 1-6 and am not sure how I made it through, but managed.  I was in a fog....an " oh my goodness is this really happening fog". 
We spoke with 4 different doctors whom all concluded the same report, which made it so easy!
 
All I can say is we felt PEACE!  Peace that she was ours.  PEACE that God had placed her file in our hands.
We felt CLARITY.  Clarity from God saying, she is YOURS!   
We felt FAITH.  Faith that God had orchestrated getting her to us!
We felt HUMBLED.  Humbled that God chose us.
We felt JOY.  Joy knowing she would have a family....there would be one less orphan in this world.
We felt  HOPE.  Hope that we will get to her soon
We knew SHE WAS OURS~

So, we proudly introduce our little girl....AVERY GRACE  God has brought this little one all the way across the world and placed her in our arms and we are so honored to call her our daughter!
Pictures to come soon...stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay! Yay! What WONDERFUL news!!!! Congratulations!!! God is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Mallory! That is great news! Can't wait to see pictures of your new blessing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete