Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mixing It Up!

Yesterday, late afternoon, my mind stated thinking of the bazillion things I need to do to get ready for another baby.  WOW!  Another baby!  gulp!
I mean, I guess this would be like being in your 3rd trimester?  As I walked the upstairs floor, trying to figure out who would go where and what furniture to move where, and what new furniture would be needed, I must confess my blood pressure began to rise.  There is a lot to do---and I am a "DOER".
So, I started rearranging my daughter's room around 6:00 last night.  Matt got home about 6:30 to find me in the midst of changing things up a bit.  He is use to my crazy schemes by now!
I needed to get her dresser out in hopes to find a smaller, affordable one and really I was just tired of where I had her bed and wanted something fresh.
Today, I cleaned the entire playroom and moved my boys room from their old room to the former playroom....bye bye playroom!  I hope this will work.  The only thing needed for their room is a dresser as well. 
So far, my list of needs is not too bad--2 dressers!
Next, I had to clean up their old room and get it ready for Gray, who we will soon be in a big boy bed.  He will be using the furniture that Matt grew up in.  It is great....heavy and solid wood.  The boys have been using the dresser from the set, but now Gray will use it.  The only thing we are lacking for his room is a mattress set and bedding..
So, for now I will leave the baby's room alone!  EXCEPT I will need to make it girlie!  Right now the walls are brown, which I love....but it is out with the baby blue bedding and in with the white and pink.
The only thing lacking for her room is the bedding and a few things to hang on the wall. 
Now that I have done some work and thought things through, I am not as overwhelmed with the task that lies before me.  My list of needs are not too bad and I am hoping I can sell a few things to get the money for everything I need.   
I need to keep reminding myself that I time is on my side!
So here are some pictures.  I still need to hang pictures and curtains up, but I am proud of the boy's new room!  
Note:  I can post these pics today because my kids have not stepped foot into the room yet....I would never post pictures of what my kid's room normally look like and I may never see it like this clean and put together again!



No comments:

Post a Comment