Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Friday, January 28, 2011

Ring Ring Ring


CIS Person:   United States Immigration Adoption Department
Me:  Hi, I am calling to check on my adoption form I-800A status
CIS:  Your receipt number
Me:  SIMxxxxxxxxxxx
CIS:  Let me check (long pause).  It has not been assigned an officer to review it yet.
Me:  (very solemn) Oh.....How long from when you received my document is the average wait time?
CIS:  Our website says 90 days
Me:  (again very sad, but really nice)  O.k.  Is there anything I can do to expedite this process? 
CIS:  No
Me:  Alright, thank you.  I will call again tomorrow!

REPEAT THIS EXACT CONVERSATION MONDAY - FRIDAY OF THIS WEEK AND LAST.
One thing I will tell you is that I am persistent and  I will call these people every day until that paper is in my hands.   I joked that pretty soon, they will answer the call I put through every day at 1:30, with "Hi, Mallory".
I know this is not the case, but I envision these "officers" sitting in their cubicles on facebook while I wait for a life changing form to be complete!  I know they are not really on facebook, but when you are anxiously awaiting a really important document, you start to imagine things like that!
I hold onto that fact that God is bigger than this.  God has continually had His hand on this whole process, and if we are waiting a little longer than I think we should be on a document, it is because God is up to bigger things!
BUT...just so you know Lord, I will be putting in my call once again on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. All of you going through the adoption process are angels here on earth! You all are in my prayers. And if you get a moment, check out my friend's blog, who is in the process of adopting a little boy from Russia. It's in my sidebar and is named, "Our Eyes Opened." I know they would love to connect with more families in the adoption process. Y'all are my heroes!

    ReplyDelete