
This week we wrap up our home study! Everyone who has been through this adoption process told me there was a lot of paperwork and let me just say, "They weren't lyin".
I have never signed so many papers, gathered so much information, and read so many articles in my life!
I have worked as fast as I could, to turn everything in! We have had 3 interviews with our social worker, and the last one this week will conclude the "study".
The only thing I am waiting on is my fingerprint clerance. For some reason, mine is still processing! Matt has been cleared, but apparantly my prints are pending! Humpf! I was so nervous getting the prints done, that my hands were so sweaty that I am hoping it didn't make my prints unreadable! Matt was so calm and cool, and I was over there freaking out that we were actually doing this adoption thing.
So, I am praying that my prints will be cleared this week and we can move on to more fun things, like Immigration Application stuff.
Our Social Worker makes her home visit this week. Remember, my kids do not know that we are adopting, so this could be tricky! She is coming on Wednesday at 5:00!
Yes, all you moms out there can feel my pain...the witching hour! 5:00 p.m.., when everyone is tired and cranky and the house is destroyed because everyone has been home from school for hours at this point!
So, yet another prayer request, that my kids will be "normal". My expectations are pretty low. I mean my kids are not perfect! My house is not spotless. I am just praying we have no tantrums and that Owen filters a
So, if you think about it on Wednesday, around 5:00 p.m. when you are trying to cook dinner, and the kids are tired and whiny , and the house is a mess, and there is a full moon (I'm sure) and your husband is about to get home (so everyone goes crazy again)...say a prayer for me too!
ha...i like this post title..."where are my fingerprints?"I will pray for you Weds. i know it could be nerve-racking having someone come in to "study" you....your home.i pray the Spirit of GOD would be evident then...filing your home... your hearts and speaking to the case worker. Way to go on the paper work...that's hard work on top of being a mama
ReplyDelete