I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....we will see if all my training has worked. But, boy am I tired of training. The last few long runs have hung over my head and I have dreaded them. My last run was less than stellar! In fact, I thought I would never make it, and that was only at mile 5. I am ready for the race to be here. Looking forward to a weekend getaway with my family. I would love to convince at least one of the kids to be my running partner one day while on this trip.
With all the training behind me now, I can focus on the fun part. Finishing the race.
Running and Racing always reminds me of a few of my favorite verses in the bible. The Lord actually compared "life" to racing quite a bit. I am grateful that in this grueling race called "Life", that my eyes are on Jesus, my savior, who promises me the greatest of prizes one day...eternity with Him!
Heb 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us RUN with perseverance the RACE marked out for us.
1 Tim. 4:8 For physical training is of SOME value, but godliness has value for ALL things, holding promise for BOTH the PRESENT and the FUTURE
With all the training behind me now, I can focus on the fun part. Finishing the race.
Running and Racing always reminds me of a few of my favorite verses in the bible. The Lord actually compared "life" to racing quite a bit. I am grateful that in this grueling race called "Life", that my eyes are on Jesus, my savior, who promises me the greatest of prizes one day...eternity with Him!
Heb 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us RUN with perseverance the RACE marked out for us.
1 Tim. 4:8 For physical training is of SOME value, but godliness has value for ALL things, holding promise for BOTH the PRESENT and the FUTURE
No comments:
Post a Comment