Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Monday, August 3, 2009

You should "TRI" it!


In the trasition area before the race

Very nervous-about to swim

coming out of the water--thank you Lord!

On the bike

Finishing the bike part

fueling up for the run

Crossing the finish line

Matt and I after the race. I had pizza and a hot dog at 9:30 that morning (after the race)


I finished my triathlon! It was not easy and I must say, I was glad to cross that finish line. It was actually a really fun experience and I enjoyed the competitiveness of the race. My swim went fairly well. After 5 minutes in the lake, I made up my own little stroke I named it the freestyle side kick! It worked for me! The bike was wonderful. I enjoyed the beautiful mountain scenery and the feel of being on the bike. I may have enjoyed the scenery a little too much because my time was not great on the bike and nobody else was talking about how beautiful the bike ride was but me. I made up some time in the run. It took some time to finally feel my legs after hopping off the bike, but once I did it was a nice and easy sprint to the finish. The best part was that I had my biggest fan, Matt, to capture it in pictures and to encourage me along the way. I will do another one, for sure!
REALLY--you should "tri" it. It was fun!

3 comments:

  1. greAT pictures Mallory! Glad you enjoyed it def. something to be proud of. Love you. Love, Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?! You are amazing....a tri-athelon...i cant even spell the word. I am impressed ...and moreso that you "enjoyed" the scenery along the way. I'd be begging Jesus to come back and take me home.......You're beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK! I am so inspired by you! I've been "running" this year, on and off, maybe someday...but you are a natural for it!

    ReplyDelete