Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sleep Over

The First of many I am sure! The boys have been begging for our little friend next door to spend the night. We tried once (unsuccessfully) last year, and he said that he was really ready this time, so we gave it a try. We ate dinner and Matt took them to pick out a video and get some ice-cream. While they were gone, I made some comfy sleeping arrangements for them in the basement! We had to keep these wild boys contained in the basement to avoid a late night with the little ones asleep upstairs. Oh, the thrill and excitement of a sleeping bag and some good friends! I have great memories of spending the night at my friend's houses, although many involve some very exhausted parents, I'm sure! I just glad to know sneaking out the basement door has not even crossed their minds.

Wills and Chrisitan
On another note, it is almost time for my triathlons to begin. I got to swim today with a friend of mine, who is a swim coach, and she gave me some great tips to help me with my stroke. My goal is to get a little faster in the swimming portion of the tri. I am yet to enjoy this discipline, but it is the event I need the most improvement on. It sure is hard to focus and work on something you are not very good at.
With that said, I race this Saturday and the next, and am really excited to get back into it. Tri season is only about 5 months out of the year (because it is mostly lake and ocean swimming), so it gives me some goals for the summer and allows for some healthy competition! I miss the competition, the challenge and the fun of playing " a game".

No comments:

Post a Comment