I, on the other hand, tend to think Spring is about warm days, flowers, and trees blooming, but I guess now, that I have 2 boys doing the baseball thing, Spring might very soon equate to BASEBALL.
I must admit, it is not my favorite sport. I hate to say this, but I think it is quite boring! I want a fast paced sport to watch like basketball, but I am bias, I suppose.
Today, the boys had their first games and it was an amazingly beautiful day to start off the season. I am all for the boys just having fun. If they hit it... great! If they catch it...awesome! If they look cute in their uniform...Yeah!
But, not Daddy! He is all work and no play! I often think maybe he was a pro baseball player, but I don't remember that he ever was!
We threw a little at the beach and it was hilarious to watch Wills and Owen not really care about it and Matt really wanting them to care. He eventually moved on to work with Gray who would throw the ball for hours on end. Too bad we can't suit him up and throw him out there just yet.
I am hopeful that the two of us, put together, will balance each other out. I will bring the "let's just have fun and try our best" attitude and Matt can bring some much needed aggressiveness and eagerness to game.
In the end, it is just little league. My "babies" out there staring up in the sky at who knows what, wrestling teammates in the dug out, skipping along the bases, watching balls pass right through their legs, throwing the ball the wrong way, waving at mommy while up to bat, and chewing wads and wads of bubble gum! What can be cuter than that?
No comments:
Post a Comment