Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Monday, September 14, 2009

Passing the Baton!

Here is a little track analogy from my old track days.
He started out of the blocks on Friday, the first one of four in the relay. He started out strong! He threw up 4 times right in a row. Our lead runner was doing his part. He was lethargic, he slept a lot, but he was rounding the corner by early the next day. His last straightaway went smoothly, it was over. But, not before he passed the baton to his brother. The hand-off was smooth and sneaky. In fact, I thought we might be in the clear until Wills took the baton that morning. Soon he was off. On the first curve of the track his tummy started to hurt, and around 2:00 or so it was his turn to really let loose. We had just 2 bouts of the throw ups, but enough to know the pass was successful. His, too, only lasted 24 hours. He sprinted down the last straightaway ready to pass the baton onto his beautiful little sister who was ready for school in her brand new and, I must add, (since I NEVER iron) freshly ironed dress. Kate quickly accepted the baton at 9:00 this morning while waiting for drop off in carpool line. I could hear the dreaded sound as I sat in the front seat. So far, we have had just 1 round of the throw ups. Another MDO day down the drain for me.
Now, we have Owen, our last leg and definitely our fastest runner, or should I say most dramatic runner. He is waiting with his hand back in runner's position as Kate rounds the corner. She has successfully touched everything possible in the playroom to make this hand-off happen. Will they be able to pass the baton and finish this race? I'm sure you can tune in tomorrow to see if the finish will be one that I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment