Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Friday, July 24, 2009

T-Day


Somewhere in this crazy head of mine, I came up with the idea to do a triathlon and the day is fast approaching! I have wanted to do one for a long time and now seemed to be the best time to do it (not pregnant, only nursing 1-2 times a day, and getting a full night's sleep). Fitting in the training has been a challenge, especially the swimming, but I have done all I can to prepare for T-day! Matt has been great to give me some extra time on the weekends to bike and swim. Trust me, it has not been easy, but I am a pretty determined and very competitive person, so I have been disciplined in my training.
I have exactly 1 more week left. My body feels ready, but my mind feels nervous. I can only imagine how I will be on race day. It has been a fun challenge training for this because I have branched out and tried new form of exercise. I have biked, ran, swam, lifted weights, and killed myself in boot camps for weeks and weeks and now I am ready to take on this challenge. Matt is helping me with the transitioning and hopefully the kids can come watch me. Maybe one day, if I am still alive after next Saturday, I will do a Triathlon with my children.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely impressed that you can make time for that! I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete