Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pass it up!









Today was the day we took a "beach Break". Daddy comes in late tonight and the kids needed a day off from the beach. I decided to load everyone up and head to the playground and fountains over at Destin Commons. The kids were excited to change it up a bit, and I must admit, it was a lot easier on me to take them to the park than to lug everything down to the beach. On our way home, I decided to stop by the Dollar Store to let everyone pick out something special to play with for the rest of the trip.
I saw a Dollar General and we pulled in. WARNING: A Dollar General IS NOT a dollar store. I am thinking we are going to come out with 4 new toys and only spend $4. WRONG!
We came out with the above items in the pictures. Wills picked out an African American wrestler in speedo shorts. It cost $4, but what could I say when we got up to the cash register and he was shaking he was so excited?
Owen's racing key chain of Kasey Kayne (who is that?) cost $2. This should really have cost 25 cents (maybe).
Kate picked out a plastic princess stroller-$7. Gray got nothing this trip!
After I grudgingly handed over the money, I asked her if anything in the store was really only a $1. she actually told me that only a few things are!
So....next time you see a Dollar General and you have kids with you, pass it up. Drive those extra miles to a Wal-mart or a REAL dollar store, lest you be stuck with cheap plastic over priced toys and an empty wallet! j>

2 comments: