Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Prima Ballerina


Kate and her Ballet teachers!
Here are a few ballet terms that I need to get familiar with:
Pirouette. A complete turn on one foot, with the swing of an arm providing the force.
Plie. A full bending of the knees in any of the five positions. In all positions but second and fourth ouverte the heels will come off the ground;
Prima Ballerina. The star dancer.
Tutu. The very short skirt that was first worn by ballerinas in Romantic ballets of the 19th century.
Kate did a ballet camp this week and she loved it! It was so fun for me to see her get really excited about something new. There were only 5 little girls in the camp, so it was perfect for her. I never was a dancer and I know I am going to enjoy having Kate try it out.
While Kate was at camp, me and the boys went to the North Shelby Library for a special program with a FLOW circus juggler/clown/magician. He was great. Right up my preschoolers alley. On the way home, I asked my kids what their favorite part was and they both agreed it was when he shook his bottom. Gotta love 4 & 5 year old boy's humor.
We wrapped our day up by getting out the good ole play-dough! Note to self...(and I seem to forget this every time)...play-dough IS NOT an independent activity for my children. I thought I was going to have some time to start dinner, but ended up making about 100 snakes. The best part of play-dough is that it keeps on giving the rest of the week (sarcasm here). I will find bits of play-dough all over the kitchen for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment