Tonight, on the eve of Avery's 2nd birthday, I remember how we celebrated her birth last year. With just a picture and lots of love in our hearts, we sang and ate cake and thought of our precious daughter and sister across the world!
I can only imagine, 2 years ago tonight, her birth mom was probably experiencing early birth pains, contractions...knowing the time was near to give birth to her child. I often wonder if she knew she was having a girl? If she knew she would be giving her up? If she knew what was to come?
I cannot even begin to comprehend the 5 days that Avery spent in her birth mothers arms before she was left on the orphanage steps...no note, no clothes, nothing but a blanket around her. I wonder if Avery was held tightly, loved, nursed, rocked, cuddled, felt her mom's heartbeat on her skin? I cannot even begin to understand what her birth mom must have went through leading up to the day she left. I want to believe that she had faith that God would bring us to her. I wonder if she could ever fathom that her daughter by birth lives in Birmingham, Alabama and is the youngest of 4 kids and loved dearly?
I pray that she feels the peace deep in her heart that Avery is loved and cared for. I pray for her salvation, that one day Avery and I can both meet this brave woman who chose life for her child.
So, until the day we meet, may she experience peace, that can only come from the Lord that "God is good" He cares for the orphans! He cared enough to stir the hearts of an ordinary family in Alabama to step out of their comfort zone. To be uncomfortable for a moment. To have faith that God would provide. God is in the details of an unborn child's life, and we are forever blessed!
Happy Birthday, sweet, strong, loving, playful, determined, feisty, loved daughter of mine!
I loved YOU before I knew YOU!
Happy Birthday AVery....what a beautiful heart for Avery's birth mama, Mal. I pray for her birth mom to have a deep knowing in her heart that Avery is taken care of by a wonderful family.
ReplyDelete