Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Adoption Update

Today, while at the pool with my kids, I saw a beautiful Asian girl (about 8 or so) and then I heard her Daddy call her by name....AVERY!  Oh, had it made me long to hold sweet Avery Grace in my arms. 
I realize with all the busyness of Summer, that I have not given an update of where we are at in the adoption process....well, guess what!  We are close!  The paperwork never stops and thinking about sweet Avery never subsides.  It is hard knowing we are her family and we cannot just go get her NOW!  But processes are processes and everyone must go through them to get from point A to point B.
With that said and our hearts So ready to bring her home, this is where we are at:
We received our letter from NVC (national Visa Center).  This means that we are what they call "cabled".
Now, we wait 2 weeks for a document from China called Article 5.  This takes 2 weeks.
Next we wait for out TA (Travel Approval)!!! Can you believe that?  They say TA's are coming quickly right now....I hope it stays that way. 
We went to a travel meeting last week and it really made Matt and I excited and anxious for our travels to China.
It is all still sinking in now that we are so so close to traveling:
1,  I am having another BABY!!!!  Help me Lord!
2.  I have to leave my babies for 2 + weeks
3.  I have to FLY across the world to get there.
4.  I have SO SO much to do to prepare to leave.
5.  I am feeling that ever familiar feeling of wanting to organize and clean my entire house, garage, closets, cabinets, car, my whole life....NESTING!
6.  Lastly, a little girl, who has only seen Chinese people, will be placed into my arms and no doubt be scared and unsure.  We are praying for God's favor on the situation.  For God to orchestrate an amazing connection right off the bat with our little girl.  That the transition will be easy for us all.  That God will prepare her heart for us to love her and her to love us, like only he can do.  We ask all these things in His powerful name.
Please pray with us! 

1 comment:

  1. oh wow mallory!!! its so close. i pray GOD would be preparing your hearts and hers...and your kids as you leave for 2 weeks! Yikes i would be nervous about that too. i pray His power is made perfect during this time..
    "He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you" 2 cor 13:3

    ReplyDelete