Carrington Crew

Carrington Crew

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I am Employed!

Yes, it is true!  I am now a working mom.  I think it is hilarious to say that, because in all honesty I am nowhere near a true working mom like so many of my friends, but I am still excited to be able to contribute just a little in the finance department to the fam! 
My new job is the perfect fit for me, and I am so excited to begin this journey, which I will no doubt probably do until my body can no longer handle it. 
I am officially employed by the YMCA to teach Spin classes, muscle works, and hopefully this Summer start to teach some YCross....(which is similar to a boot camp class).  I have been working on my certifications for a few months, applied for a job, interviewed, had to teach a class that the director was in on, and got the job!  I am so excited.  Basically it combines 3 things I love....teaching, coaching and exercise!  AND another great thing is that I will basically just teach 1 or 2 classes a day 5 or so days a week and then I can fill in for people if I can or if I want to!
Where will my kids go while I am "working"? 
If you do not already know, the Y has a wonderful nursery with the sweetest ladies to care for the kids.  I have gotten to know the women who work in childcare, and they are all great and I know my kids are in good hands for the hour or so I will be gone!  
God has opened doors to allow this to happen and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to work for the largest non profit company in the world.  A Christian organization that promotes family, health, and community. 
I am not saying that I am going to soon be driving a new luxury SUV anytime soon (got my old beat up, dirty minivan still), or that I am going to start shopping at Saks (I am a loyal target and Old Navy girl), or that I will be sporting some new diamonds (my only piece of real jewelry is the ring I got 11 years ago)....
but I am thankful that I have found a job doing something that I love!
A small perk will be that my teeny tiny little paycheck each month will play a small part in helping our family in the future!

1 comment:

  1. YAHOO!!!! CONGRatulations Mallory. i knew you would get the job. I'm so glad to hear that you are officially teaching something you love to do anyway..

    ReplyDelete