
I found these pictures of the kids. Santa brought Owen a pack of mustaches in his stocking and here are a few candid shots of my little "stached" men. I could not get Gray to come near one, so no pictures of him here! I think the boys kinda look like Sherlock Holmes...what do you think?

Gray is all over the place! He is busy busy and showing his personality a lot more lately. I guess you could say that he is asserting himself and trying to be heard in this crazy house of ours. This morning he found his bath seat, and after throwing it down the stairs, decides to sit in it in the middle of the kitchen. I was happy because he was stuck in it, but that didn't mean he couldn't cause some trouble. Kate got a little too close to him and he hit her in the face. This hitting thing is another phase he is going through. It is always so hard to teach little ones "no hitting". I don't want to spank his hand and say "no hitting" because this seems wrong in so many ways, but I HAVE GOT to teach him that
we do not hit. In the past, with the other kids, I have grabbed their hand firmly and said..."Gray Gray no hitting, be sweet". It takes repeating over and over and over, but eventually it has worked in my favor. Anyway, Gray has started to hit
himself after I say "No hitting". Immediately, he slaps himself in the head. I cannot help but laugh at him because it is just funny. The kids think it is hilarious that he does this and they laugh and laugh and laugh at him...therefore, encouraging him to do this
ALL THE TIME! It is alright (kinda) at home, but when we are out in public and he pops me in the face, and I say, "No hitting" , and then he starts saying "No" and hitting himself, we get a few stares. It would be weird telling everyone the whole above story in order to explain why my child hits himself, so being the stellar parent that I am, I just laugh at him therefore encouraging him to continue to self harm! I am praying the Lord pours out some extra grace on our family!

I caught a picture of Gray right before he is about to hit himself. That look is pretty scary!
No comments:
Post a Comment